Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Car Batteries and Drapes

Much to my disappointment yesterday morning, I awoke to find that my car battery had died. After several attempts of jumping it, I figured it was time for a new one. Six years ain't bad for a battery right? I thought this would ruin my day off, I had so many errands to run. Dr's
appt, shopping for drapes, grocery shopping, and last minute gift shopping. So I made a phone call, to the only car peep I knew, and was given the confidence that I can fix this battery myself. With a careful walk through and some elbow grease from James, my broken battery was out and a new one was in. My day was saved! Everything was accomplished. I got all the groceries I needed, I got drapes for my newly remodeled apt! And I was able to hit up Very Best Vintage around the corner. If you haven't been, go! 1919 W Chicago Ave. 

Don't you just love happy endings?

Lately, I've been thinking that I don't write nearly enough about my fashion inspirations. I just feel like there are so many blogs out there doing that. While I love fashion in every sense of the word, I feel like if I talk about it too much it can get kind of repetitive. I have a magazine subscription for 6 magazines, I follow every fashion blog, I subscribe to style.com and truly where I gain most inspiration from are the people around me. Also, from colors I see daily. So I think I may spend some time with that. I just love my simple little posts. 

Back to the car battery....Who says you can't look pretty while doing handy work?! I wore this outfit the entire time and all I got dirty were my fingers. I am a very proud little mechanic. 


Gold Cable Knit Sweater-Anthropologie
White Ruffle Front Blouse-Anthropologie
1960's Navy Pleated Skirt-Thrifted
1960's Tapestry Bag-Buffalo Exchange
1970's Burgundy Boots-Thrifted



3 comments:

  1. i want to see the drapes too! Wait that sounds wrong so wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit!! You have such great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! Now yes, you're so right with what you said about writing (and reading) about fashion! It's so great to have a perspective from someone that's closer to us! It seems so much more accessible! xo Isa

    ReplyDelete