Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mom, you brought me up well.

I've been wanting to do this blog for a while. And well, tonight couldn't be a better night. When I think of stylish and strong women I think of some of the women in my family. Mom, Amy and Grandma Kristina. 

I never got to know my grandma but from all I've heard, she was something special. Stories and photos of her just tell me how stylish, talented and strong she was. Raising 4 daughters and a son, Grandma looked so effortlessly stylish in every photo I have seen. 

My mom, Sharyn, I know for a fact is one strong woman. Mother of 5! yeesh!! And though, 5 kids, workin hard as a single parent, Mom always manages to look her best. Make up, hair and clothes in tact! My biggest memory of my mom is her scent. Mom has always had a soft spot for her eau de parfum's! And can we just talk about her beauty mark! I was always so envious of that little dot above her lip. I still draw mine on from time to time:)

My Sis Amy is one tough cookie! Ha ha ha. So one of the things my sister and I have in common is how strong we are with our convictions. Man if we believe in something or if someone we love is harmed we stick up for it or them like our life depends on it! The other thing we have in common is our creativity. Mine is more about styling, clothing and fashion history. Where as Amy's is her artwork and life spaces. She can turn a boring wall into something amazing! I can turn a boring outfit into something interesting (at least I try to). Style wise, Amy is laid back and carefree. She still makes Maxi dresses look adorable.

 Mom, I wanted to write this tonight because I want to thank you for raising me well. Yes, I still have a mouth on me from time to time. You taught me to be independent, thankful, elegant, classy and above all, kind. And today, all those things came in handy. I just want you to know, today, I stood up for myself without saying a word. With your poise and strength, I smiled while being thankful that I wasn't the one with a frown on my face that said volumes. Today, i felt lucky. Thank you and I love you.

Here are some of my favorite photos of the stylish and elegant ladies who taught my sister and I well.

My Mother


My Grandma in the 1940's!! So beautiful:)



1 comment:

  1. HOLY CRAP, I JUST FINISHED DOING MY MAKEUP AND NOW IT IS ALL RUINED FROM CRYING. TOUGH GIRL, HUH

    ReplyDelete