Friday, March 5, 2010

Stairs to no where.

Today was rough. Once again I went out dancing, Oldies Night is my fav, and I awoke at 7:30 am to get to an estate sale. Although I was hurtin, I went and boy am I glad I did! Did I mention I had to wait an hour outside in the cold in line to get in?! I got into the house and shoes, bags, scarves, 1960's called and thankfully I was there to answer! I have been watching a lot of That Girl, so I really have been channeling my inner Marlo Thomas. So much to my surprise, everything was my size! Now comes a new dilemma, what do I keep and what do I share with Max & Chloe Vintage? Your answers will be requested as soon as I get the pictures posted. 

As I mentioned in my past blog, I subscribe to 6 magazines. But as of lately, I have been getting my inspiration from old style icons and decades. Over the past year or so it's been Early 60's Mad Men, now I'm thinking mid to late 60's circa Paris. Now for those of you who know me, I switch my style up every couple years. Vintage is always the common denominator in these change ups. I get influenced by different ladies simply by just learning more about them. I'm feeling the inner strength and sexiness of Francoise, Jane, Charlotte and Jean. But I do have to say between Fendi and Roberto Cavalli, two designers that aren't usually my taste, have used vintage influences this season to make some truly breathtaking designs. Also, DVF and MIU MIU have the prettiest and flirty dresses. This spring and summer are going to be truly special!!! 

When i got dressed this morning, I remembered this little Khaki dress Francoise Hardy and Jane Birkin wore in 1964 Paris. So I went into Max & Chloe Vintage and borrowed this number. Along with the dress, the houndstooth coat, I bought that this morning at the estate sale! So adorable:)



Early 70's Khaki and Navy Dress- Thrifted and borrowed from Max & Chloe
80's Navy Leather Belt- Thrifted
70's Navy Leather Boots- Thrifted
60's Brown Satchel- Estate Sale
60's Tan Houndstooth Coat- Estate Sale




1 comment:

  1. Those pics are incredible!!
    Nice job,
    I love this staircase, how strange.
    The look is great too!

    ReplyDelete