Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Wonder

Hectic is the only way to describe my past week. So I felt like this weekend should be a time of gathering myself and focus. I set off on Friday morning to achieve this. Estate sales were all I had on the brain. I knew above everything else I had to take the time to get myself up early (even though my Thursday turned into a late night dance party). I awoke tired eyed and a little worn out from the night before but I forced myself outta bed and began my search for new and wonderful items for myself and Max & Chloe. And I gotta tell ya, I achieved this and much more. Latte in hand, I set out for the suburban Chicago area and began my adventure. 

I went to the most lovely homes full of stories and much loved items that were begging me to take them home. A vintage Singer sewing machine, trimmings, paintings, clothing, accessories and many many books. Oh, and my favorite, jewelry, tons and tons of vintage jewels. I'm not sure what goodies I will be keeping but I can say some loved ones will be getting some amazing gifts soon! 

One of the little towns I stopped in was Lockport Illinois. Cute, quaint and I had to take a few photos. So that is what I will leave you with tonight. But soon, a sneak peak of all the loveliness I picked up that day. Oh, and my spring and summer wardrobe inspiration...







Navy Cropped Vest- UO
Striped French Blouse-UO
1940's Butterfly Rayon Skirt- Thrifted 
Navy Boots- Thrifted
Vintage Headband- Thrifted
Feather Broach- Thrifted in Southern Illinois
Key Necklace- Childhood Gift


1 comment:

  1. Oooolala! I love this outfit! Love the mixing of patterns and that your tights are brown. Cute to boot!

    ReplyDelete