Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tonight I went and saw the much anticipated 'A Single Man' a film by the brilliant Tom Ford. It was about 7 months ago that I read about Tom Ford directing, producing and writing a screen play.  Just reading Tom Ford's description of the story made me run out to get the book. I am so glad I did. Beautiful, heart breaking, sweet, stylish, sexy and above all romantic. I couldn't believe it was going to be a movie. Could the story be told the way the Author Christopher Isherwood intended through film and above all, could Tom Ford do it? Well i got my answer tonight. It was better than I had imagined. I was moved to tears through out the movie from not only the story but by the sheer beauty Ford captivated in the film. Everything about this film was gorgeous! I highly recommend it. I will not however tell you anything about the story. Read the book is my main recommendation and then see the film. 

Not only is the story and acting superb, Tom Ford captured the 1960's perfectly! The costume and set design is all impeccable.

The story of this powerful love is what many will strive for!

1 comment: