My favorite movie was the story of Fanny Brice, 1964 "Funny Girl". Taking place in the late 20's through the mid 30's. Fantastic costume and hair and make up. This was the first Barbra movie my mother showed me and I was enthralled with Barbra's style. Her hair, her legs, her nails and her clothes were all absolutely fabulous. I mean this woman had perfection down.
My other favorite style moment of Barbra's is in the 1973 "The Way We Were". Taking place in 1937 through the early 40's, the costume is amazing! Barbra plays wild thing radical Katie, crazy curly hair, wonderful style. I could watch this movie on mute just to watch her outfits and style. Not to mention, a young Robert Redford.
So after many years of hearing my mom talk about and listening to Barbra, I finally got it. Not only does she have a one of a kind voice, her personal style in the 60's and 70's was very inspirational.






I just watched the Way We Were with my mom this summer.. memories! she really did have her own style down.
ReplyDeleteLove her! I love your blog too! So happy to have found it :o)
ReplyDelete