Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Many Thanks!

I could not be any happier about this weekend and how amazing everyone was that came out to the trunk show on Saturday and Sunday! It was a very exciting weekend, not just for me but for the family as well. 

First off, the trunk show was full of great ladies looking for great vintage. I am so happy that I could help them find things they were looking for. It's always so awesome to meet people who have a love for vintage and styling. Not only did we have some great sales, there were so many stylish girls who truly gave me so much inspiration! The downfall, my camera was so messed up that all the pics I took ended up being unusable:( so sad. But on the upside, the Chicago Tribune was there to do a little cover story of the lovely ladies of Heaven's Gallery trunk show.Vintage clothing by Max & Chloe Vintage, Lille and Gertie, Style for Food and Renovar. Along with handmade jewelry by Tiana Hunter. 

Hopefully the article will run  next week and I will have it to post.


So for the family news. I've been meaning to do a post about some of the wonderful things my brothers and sister have been up to. My brother Mark is an amazing painter.  Mark truly is a huge talent. His paintings of some of the most iconic musicians are quite breathtaking. He has painted everyone from the Beatles, Janis Joplin, Led Zepplin, Neil Young to the Blues greats, Howlin Wolf and Buddy Guy. So this weekend was a huge weekend for him. Let me explain,  I got an email this morning from my other brother David regarding his favorite band Wilco. Jeff Tweedy, the front man of Wilco, was being of interviewed on the Sunday CBS Today show. Now this is a normal occurrence to get an email about what Wilco is up to but this time it was a little different. While being interviewed we noticed that a painting my brother did was hangin behind the interviewer. It was pretty exciting to see Mark's hard work and passion on national TV!! Congratulations Mark!! 
Here is the link, check it out
Just look over the interviewer shoulder and you will see it.
Here are some of my personal favorites. 


1 comment:

  1. that is awesome about your brother!! wow, his pictures are fantastic.. I love the jimi hendrix one. they are really vintage looking and original at the same time.

    ReplyDelete