Friday, August 21, 2009

Does True Love Exist?

Tonight was my movie date with Esquire. The choice was 'Paper Heart'


The movie Charlene Yi wrote and directed about her search for the meaning of love. Or rather, trying to find out if she is capable of feeling love. Now, to be honest I really wanted to see it for the bashfully cute Michael Cera. But the movie actually turned out to be really adorable. 

It did raise the question of my own thoughts of true love. Have I felt it? Do I feel it? Not sure. In my younger age I pushed love away. As soon as I would feel the butterflies and such I would shut down. Lose that person, leaving them cursing my name as I moved to the next. So now, I try and keep an open mind about it. But still feel that what others may describe as "true love", may just be a storybook they convince themselves is reality. I'm hopeful, yet doubtful.  I guess what I consider to be true love...honesty, respect, passion, comfort and friendship? I must say I still get butterflies when I see a certain someone.

No fashion inspiration in this particular film. So I'll just post my movie date outfit and promise you to post an outfit post tomorrow:)

70's Junior Dress-Thrifted
Belt-Thrifted
50's Salvatore Ferragamo Loafers- Knee Deep Vintage



2 comments:

  1. wow, REALLY cute! red suits you!

    and I'm dying to see Paper Heart! it's headed to my netflix queue as soon as it comes out on dvd. I'm glad the movie made you ask some questions, movies are the best when they make you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's so funny to hear so many different versions of what love could be. It's definitely a cute movie.

    ReplyDelete