Monday, November 23, 2009

My weekend home:)

Since I couldn't get off from work for the Holidays this year, I took off to go back home for the weekend. It always feels nice to get in my car with my new favorite music or some old favorites and enjoy the relaxing drive. When I was a little younger, I would take the 4 hour drive and call my friends or family I needed to catch up with but now I truly enjoy the peace and quiet.

I have been thinking lately how nice it might be to live and work on Max & Chloe down south. The history and the calmness is so theraputic. But then again, I love the rush of the city, being able to go out of the house and having a variety of options to choose from on how to spend my day. I will say, spending this past Saturday with friends, Nick and Wes, gathering fire wood was a nice way to spend my Saturday. I think the boys were worried I was bored but it was the breath of fresh air that I was in desperate need for. We came upon some really great abandoned buildings and some great victorian homes that were up for sale. I just kept thinking to myself, it might be nice to have such a great historic home and my little shop on the main floor. Maybe one day.

So I have been doing a lot of shopping since I have been here. For myself, Max & Chloe and Christmas gifts for everyone on my little list. Every item has been extremely special and I can't wait to come up with perfect gift wrapping ideas. My first day here I was able to go to a couple of my favorite thrift stores in St. Louis. Then my 4th day here, my mother and I went to the Belleville Flea Market where I found some really beautiful jewelry and an exquisite hat from the 1940's with real feathers. This particular booth belonged to a sweet old lady who was just cleaning out her closet, so she sold everything to me for a mere $14!!


Speaking of pictures, here are some my Brother Mark took for me of some of the new items I got this weekend. I have about 20-25 more things to capture but here is a taste of some of my favorites:)


1960's Blue Velvet Dress Coat S/M
1970's Cream High Collar Dress S/M
1950's Swing 3Q Coat Medium


Vintage Lace up Taupe Beige Oxfords 8.5


1950's Plaid Cream, Blue and Orange Cape S/M
1950's Navy and Red Day Dress with Pleated Full Skirt Small
1970's Big Lebowski Cardigan Small

2 comments:

  1. You have to save that Cardigan for me I love it and that was what I was trying to find on my whole vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so adorable

    ReplyDelete